Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Nursing, Pimpri, Pune - 411018 (Maharashtra)
India is recognized by Government of India and University Grants Commission and
it is an affiliated to Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and included under the ambit
of Dr. D. Y. Patil University, Pimpri, Pune - 18. Established in the year 2000, the
new millennium with the view of imparting Nursing Education to 100 students / year.
This is the only College of Nursing in the Pimpri Chinchwad area, which is the industrial
The spacious campus, fully equipped laboratories, lecture halls, auditorium and
offices comply with the Indian Nursing Council norms. The college has the reputation
of producing able graduate nurses who provided commendable services.
Nursing profession contributes in a vital significant way in the health care delivery
system. It recognizes national health goals and is committed to participate in the
implementation of National Health policies and programs.It aims at identifying health
needs of the people, planning and providing quality care in collaboration with other
health professional and community groups.
The Scope of nursing practice encompasses the provision of promotive, preventive, curative
and rehabilitative aspects of care to people across their life span in the wide variety
of health care settings. The Practice of nursing is based upon the application of basic
conceptNursing profession is based on values of caring and aims to help individuals to
attend independence in self-care. It necessitates development of compassion and
understanding of human behaviour among its practitioners to provide care with respect
and dignity and protect the rights of individuals and group. The teachers have the
responsibility to be role models and create a learning environment that enables students
to acquire inquiry-driven self-directed learning and foster an attitude of lifelong
- The college has future plans of starting
- Starting M.Phil in Nursing, and Nursing Research Projects in collaboration with National & International agencies.
- Increase seats for M.Sc Nursing in different specialties.
- Various Special Diploma Courses.
- Various Short Term Courses in Nursing
- The aim of the nursing program is to:
- Prepare students to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses in
providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare nurses who can take independent decisions in nursing situations, protect
the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function
in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the
areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher,
supervisor and manager in a clinical / public health settings.
- Utilize/apply the concepts, theories and principles of nursing science.
- Demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing
- Utilize latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical / community health settings.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards the advancement of self and of the profession.
- Participate effectively as members of the health team in the health care delivery system.